Best Remix Record of 2009
'08 Best of the Booth winner The-Dream came through with this year's number-one remix, enlisting Rick Ross, Fabolous, Juelz Santana and Ludacris to put a star-studded spin on Love Vs. Money's LOS Da Mystro-produced lead single, “Rockin' That Thang.” The headliner ended up on the sidelines for much of this revamp but, with this kind of guest muscle, Booth readers weren't complaining.
With all due respect to The-Dream (who killed his remix), we had to give this one to Consequence and his all-star roster of track mates on "Whatever You Want (Remix)". Bigger is not always better, but in this case you can never go wrong with Cons plus Kanye plus Common, and then throw Big Sean, Cudi and John Legend on top? That's just ridiculous, insane, hip-hop goodness, and a line-up that all but ensured a Best of the Booth award.
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.