Best R&B/Pop Record (Unsigned/Independent) of 2009
Having established himself as one of the biggest names in independent R&B, Motown's Brandon Hines took a shot over the mainstream's bow with laid-back, Ryan Leslie-assisted promo cut “Find You.” This track was clearly what our resident R&B-lovers had been looking for, as evidenced by the rave reader reviews – could a major deal be far off?
This was a tough one, but at the end of the day it was Adela and her shining "No Other Love". What can we say, we're just suckers for great, retro production (courtesy of Streetrunner) and smooth as silk vocals and lyrics about love. It's true - even the DJBooth staff has a heart, and in 2009 Adela melted it. If she's not signed by the end of 2010, something is seriously, seriously wrong with the music industry.
- Every Girl Drake’s Ever Mentioned in a Song Ever
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.