Best R&B/Pop Record (Unsigned/Independent) of 2009
Having established himself as one of the biggest names in independent R&B, Motown's Brandon Hines took a shot over the mainstream's bow with laid-back, Ryan Leslie-assisted promo cut “Find You.” This track was clearly what our resident R&B-lovers had been looking for, as evidenced by the rave reader reviews – could a major deal be far off?
This was a tough one, but at the end of the day it was Adela and her shining "No Other Love". What can we say, we're just suckers for great, retro production (courtesy of Streetrunner) and smooth as silk vocals and lyrics about love. It's true - even the DJBooth staff has a heart, and in 2009 Adela melted it. If she's not signed by the end of 2010, something is seriously, seriously wrong with the music industry.
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.