Best R&B/Pop Record (Unsigned/Independent) of 2009
Having established himself as one of the biggest names in independent R&B, Motown's Brandon Hines took a shot over the mainstream's bow with laid-back, Ryan Leslie-assisted promo cut “Find You.” This track was clearly what our resident R&B-lovers had been looking for, as evidenced by the rave reader reviews – could a major deal be far off?
This was a tough one, but at the end of the day it was Adela and her shining "No Other Love". What can we say, we're just suckers for great, retro production (courtesy of Streetrunner) and smooth as silk vocals and lyrics about love. It's true - even the DJBooth staff has a heart, and in 2009 Adela melted it. If she's not signed by the end of 2010, something is seriously, seriously wrong with the music industry.
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.