Best R&B/Pop Record (Mainstream) of 2010
Inception, arguably the most talked-about film of 2010, challenged viewers to ponder whether what they were seeing and hearing was reality, or “Just a Dream.” The Jim Jonsin/Rico Love-produced lead single off Nelly's latest LP found the St. Louis mainstay asking a similar question in the wake of a nasty breakup. Here's hoping he is living in the real world – who wants to wake up and watch a Platinum-certified smash dissolve into the ether?
Whether or not you knew the name “Bruno Mars” at the top of 2010, you undoubtedly know it now – and it's all thanks to a little record called “Just the Way You Are.” Single numero uno off the singer/songwriter's debut studio album, this Smeezingtons/Needlz-produced ode to unconditional love left listeners across the globe (Booth staff not excepted) starry-eyed and weak in the knees.
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.