Best R&B/Pop Record (Mainstream) of 2010
Inception, arguably the most talked-about film of 2010, challenged viewers to ponder whether what they were seeing and hearing was reality, or “Just a Dream.” The Jim Jonsin/Rico Love-produced lead single off Nelly's latest LP found the St. Louis mainstay asking a similar question in the wake of a nasty breakup. Here's hoping he is living in the real world – who wants to wake up and watch a Platinum-certified smash dissolve into the ether?
Whether or not you knew the name “Bruno Mars” at the top of 2010, you undoubtedly know it now – and it's all thanks to a little record called “Just the Way You Are.” Single numero uno off the singer/songwriter's debut studio album, this Smeezingtons/Needlz-produced ode to unconditional love left listeners across the globe (Booth staff not excepted) starry-eyed and weak in the knees.
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.