Best R&B/Pop Record (Mainstream) of 2010
Inception, arguably the most talked-about film of 2010, challenged viewers to ponder whether what they were seeing and hearing was reality, or “Just a Dream.” The Jim Jonsin/Rico Love-produced lead single off Nelly's latest LP found the St. Louis mainstay asking a similar question in the wake of a nasty breakup. Here's hoping he is living in the real world – who wants to wake up and watch a Platinum-certified smash dissolve into the ether?
Whether or not you knew the name “Bruno Mars” at the top of 2010, you undoubtedly know it now – and it's all thanks to a little record called “Just the Way You Are.” Single numero uno off the singer/songwriter's debut studio album, this Smeezingtons/Needlz-produced ode to unconditional love left listeners across the globe (Booth staff not excepted) starry-eyed and weak in the knees.
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.