Best R&B/Pop Record (Mainstream) of 2010
Inception, arguably the most talked-about film of 2010, challenged viewers to ponder whether what they were seeing and hearing was reality, or “Just a Dream.” The Jim Jonsin/Rico Love-produced lead single off Nelly's latest LP found the St. Louis mainstay asking a similar question in the wake of a nasty breakup. Here's hoping he is living in the real world – who wants to wake up and watch a Platinum-certified smash dissolve into the ether?
Whether or not you knew the name “Bruno Mars” at the top of 2010, you undoubtedly know it now – and it's all thanks to a little record called “Just the Way You Are.” Single numero uno off the singer/songwriter's debut studio album, this Smeezingtons/Needlz-produced ode to unconditional love left listeners across the globe (Booth staff not excepted) starry-eyed and weak in the knees.
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.