Best R&B/Pop Record (Mainstream) of 2009
2009 saw R&B hitmaker Trey Songz adopting a new, grown-and-sexier style, and nowhere was his transformation more evident than on “I Need A Girl,” the hit lead single off third studio album Ready. Written by Johnta Austin and produced by “Can't Help But Wait” duo Stargate, the track had a steamy, laid-back vibe that kept listeners coming back for more.
It's easy to look down on an immensely popular record, especially when you hear it 20 times a day on radio, but there was a reason that newcomer Jason Derulo's "Whatcha Say" was such a success - it was simply the catchiest track of the year. We don't care how hard you think you are, when you were alone in the car you were singing along to "Whatcha Say", and that's the type of universal appeal that deserves a Best of the Booth award.
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.