Best R&B/Pop Record (Mainstream) of 2009
2009 saw R&B hitmaker Trey Songz adopting a new, grown-and-sexier style, and nowhere was his transformation more evident than on “I Need A Girl,” the hit lead single off third studio album Ready. Written by Johnta Austin and produced by “Can't Help But Wait” duo Stargate, the track had a steamy, laid-back vibe that kept listeners coming back for more.
It's easy to look down on an immensely popular record, especially when you hear it 20 times a day on radio, but there was a reason that newcomer Jason Derulo's "Whatcha Say" was such a success - it was simply the catchiest track of the year. We don't care how hard you think you are, when you were alone in the car you were singing along to "Whatcha Say", and that's the type of universal appeal that deserves a Best of the Booth award.
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.