Best R&B/Pop Record (Mainstream) of 2009
2009 saw R&B hitmaker Trey Songz adopting a new, grown-and-sexier style, and nowhere was his transformation more evident than on “I Need A Girl,” the hit lead single off third studio album Ready. Written by Johnta Austin and produced by “Can't Help But Wait” duo Stargate, the track had a steamy, laid-back vibe that kept listeners coming back for more.
It's easy to look down on an immensely popular record, especially when you hear it 20 times a day on radio, but there was a reason that newcomer Jason Derulo's "Whatcha Say" was such a success - it was simply the catchiest track of the year. We don't care how hard you think you are, when you were alone in the car you were singing along to "Whatcha Say", and that's the type of universal appeal that deserves a Best of the Booth award.
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.