Best R&B/Pop Album of 2010
No artist had more pressure riding on their young Canadian shoulders this year than Drake, but the man somehow managed to live up to the hype with his debut album Thank Me Later, a project that continued to blur the lines between hip-hop, pop and R&B. From the banging Miss Me to the crooning Fireworks to whatever you'd call Fancy, Thank Me Later signaled not only the arrival of a new star, but a new age in mainstream music.
B.o.B. "The Adventures of "Bobby Ray"
I get paid to describe music for a living, but I simply can't find the words to describe Janelle Monae's breathlessly original album The Archandroid, a project the music lovers in the DJBooth offices can't seem to stop playing. It's hard to believe that such a big voice can come out of such a small body, or that anyone would dare mix science fiction opera and 50s doo-wop, but The Archandroid did them both, and did them well. There is, and will always be, only one Janelle Monae.
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.