Best R&B/Pop Album of 2010
No artist had more pressure riding on their young Canadian shoulders this year than Drake, but the man somehow managed to live up to the hype with his debut album Thank Me Later, a project that continued to blur the lines between hip-hop, pop and R&B. From the banging Miss Me to the crooning Fireworks to whatever you'd call Fancy, Thank Me Later signaled not only the arrival of a new star, but a new age in mainstream music.
B.o.B. "The Adventures of "Bobby Ray"
I get paid to describe music for a living, but I simply can't find the words to describe Janelle Monae's breathlessly original album The Archandroid, a project the music lovers in the DJBooth offices can't seem to stop playing. It's hard to believe that such a big voice can come out of such a small body, or that anyone would dare mix science fiction opera and 50s doo-wop, but The Archandroid did them both, and did them well. There is, and will always be, only one Janelle Monae.
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.