Best R&B/Pop Album of 2010
No artist had more pressure riding on their young Canadian shoulders this year than Drake, but the man somehow managed to live up to the hype with his debut album Thank Me Later, a project that continued to blur the lines between hip-hop, pop and R&B. From the banging Miss Me to the crooning Fireworks to whatever you'd call Fancy, Thank Me Later signaled not only the arrival of a new star, but a new age in mainstream music.
B.o.B. "The Adventures of "Bobby Ray"
I get paid to describe music for a living, but I simply can't find the words to describe Janelle Monae's breathlessly original album The Archandroid, a project the music lovers in the DJBooth offices can't seem to stop playing. It's hard to believe that such a big voice can come out of such a small body, or that anyone would dare mix science fiction opera and 50s doo-wop, but The Archandroid did them both, and did them well. There is, and will always be, only one Janelle Monae.
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.