Best R&B/Pop Album of 2009
What do you get when you toss Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon in a blender with 808's & Heartbreak and hit “purée?” The answer, of course, is Man on the Moon: The End of Day, the much-buzzed-about debut set from “Day 'N' Nite” hitmaker Kid Cudi. Featuring orchestral beats, a genre-defying mix of flowed and sung vocals, and voice-over narration by none other than NYC emcee Common, the self-proclaimed 'lonely stoner's freshman effort was undoubtedly one of '09's strangest successes.
The-Dream "Love vs. Money"
We know Cudi blurred the boundaries of pop/r&b/hip-hop on Man on the Moon, but there's simply no way we could give this award to any album besides Love vs. Money. Here The-Dream put together an astoundingly good album that just so happened to include perhaps the best four straight tracks in r&b history (no, we're not exaggerating). Love, money, sex, we don't care which one wins out, as long as The-Dream keeps making music like this.
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.