Best R&B/Pop Album of 2009
What do you get when you toss Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon in a blender with 808's & Heartbreak and hit “purée?” The answer, of course, is Man on the Moon: The End of Day, the much-buzzed-about debut set from “Day 'N' Nite” hitmaker Kid Cudi. Featuring orchestral beats, a genre-defying mix of flowed and sung vocals, and voice-over narration by none other than NYC emcee Common, the self-proclaimed 'lonely stoner's freshman effort was undoubtedly one of '09's strangest successes.
The-Dream "Love vs. Money"
We know Cudi blurred the boundaries of pop/r&b/hip-hop on Man on the Moon, but there's simply no way we could give this award to any album besides Love vs. Money. Here The-Dream put together an astoundingly good album that just so happened to include perhaps the best four straight tracks in r&b history (no, we're not exaggerating). Love, money, sex, we don't care which one wins out, as long as The-Dream keeps making music like this.
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.