Best Producer of 2013
Do you realize how much Pharrell Williams did this year? Do you? Do you really? After a relatively low-profile stretch, in 2013 Pharrell came back in the biggest way possible. We're talking contributions to two of the biggest songs of the year, Blurred Lines and Get Lucky, production on the year's best rap songs in Feds Watchin, more production for Jay Z, Miley Cyrus, Mac Miller, Pusha T and more, and oh yeah, had one of the year's best videos with Happy. Did you get all that? And oh yeah, that's still only about half of the work Mr. Williams did this year. Not too shabby for a skinny kid from Virginia.
Mike WiLL Made It
As big as Pharrell was, if hip-hop had a "sound" in 2013, it was the sound of Mike WiLL Made It's production. Name a huge record that came out this year and there's a pretty damn good chance Mike WiLL was behind it. Let's see, there was Bugatti, Pour It Up, Body Party and We Still in This B*tch, plus a big chunk of Miley Cyrus' album, Lil Wayne's album, Juicy J's album and 2 Chainz' album, plus I think we can all agree that Beach is Better was one of the best songs on Magna Carta Holy Grail. And on top of all that, he focused on building his EarDrummers Entertainment crew and dropped his #MikeWiLLBeenTriLL mixtape. Pour it up, turn it up, whatever it is you did in 2013, you probably did it with a Mike WiLL song playing.
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.