Best Producer of 2013
Do you realize how much Pharrell Williams did this year? Do you? Do you really? After a relatively low-profile stretch, in 2013 Pharrell came back in the biggest way possible. We're talking contributions to two of the biggest songs of the year, Blurred Lines and Get Lucky, production on the year's best rap songs in Feds Watchin, more production for Jay Z, Miley Cyrus, Mac Miller, Pusha T and more, and oh yeah, had one of the year's best videos with Happy. Did you get all that? And oh yeah, that's still only about half of the work Mr. Williams did this year. Not too shabby for a skinny kid from Virginia.
Mike WiLL Made It
As big as Pharrell was, if hip-hop had a "sound" in 2013, it was the sound of Mike WiLL Made It's production. Name a huge record that came out this year and there's a pretty damn good chance Mike WiLL was behind it. Let's see, there was Bugatti, Pour It Up, Body Party and We Still in This B*tch, plus a big chunk of Miley Cyrus' album, Lil Wayne's album, Juicy J's album and 2 Chainz' album, plus I think we can all agree that Beach is Better was one of the best songs on Magna Carta Holy Grail. And on top of all that, he focused on building his EarDrummers Entertainment crew and dropped his #MikeWiLLBeenTriLL mixtape. Pour it up, turn it up, whatever it is you did in 2013, you probably did it with a Mike WiLL song playing.
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.