Best Producer of 2012
In the first two years of the 2010's, DJBooth readers demonstrated their eye for talent by awarding the Best Producer trophy to, respectively, Kanye West and Kanye West. Today, I'm proud to announce the latest addition to their illustrious company. None other than... Kanye West! On the real, while your enduring love for Yeezy is becoming kind of hilarious, the man did have yet another epic year, rallying his G.O.O.D. Music troops to deliver Cruel Summer, producing records for such heavyweights as 2 Chainz (Birthday Song), Pusha T (Pain) and Game (Rollin'), and even contributing the stellar White Dress to RZA's Man With the Iron Fists soundtrack. With Pusha, Big Sean, Kid CuDi and Jay Elec collabs coming in 2013, who's to say he couldn't turn it into a hat trick-plus-one?
Bandz A Make Her Dance owes no small part of its success to Mike WiLL Made It's incredibly catchy beat, but that was just the start for the ATL producer. In 2012 he also made some of the year's best beats for Lil Wayne, Rihanna, Young Jeezy and of course No Lie, and had the game sweating his booming style in the process. After the year Mike just had, the strip club, and hip-hop, will never be the same.
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.