Best Producer of 2011
After dominating the Best Producer category in our 2010 Best of the Booth Awards, you'd think Kanye West would be satisfied—wait, my bad. This is Yeezy we're talking about. Not that he didn't earn every single vote. In 2011, West expanded upon the baroque grooves of last year's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy to create some of his most crowd-pleasing production to date, crafting instrumentals for everyone from Saigon and Pusha T to CyHi the Prynce and Beyoncé . Oh, and there was also that little album called Watch the Throne...
Lord knows Kanye West doesn't need another award to inflate his already historic ego, but what can we say - there's just no denying the man's work. Fresh off putting together one of the most complexly produced albums of all-time on 2010's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, Yeezy kept pushing in 2011, giving some of the games biggest names his best beats (cough Beyonce cough) while also making Watch the Throne one of the year's biggest projects. Ask anyone what they thought of Kanye's production last year and there can only be one answer - that sh*t cray.
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.