Best Producer of 2011
After dominating the Best Producer category in our 2010 Best of the Booth Awards, you'd think Kanye West would be satisfied—wait, my bad. This is Yeezy we're talking about. Not that he didn't earn every single vote. In 2011, West expanded upon the baroque grooves of last year's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy to create some of his most crowd-pleasing production to date, crafting instrumentals for everyone from Saigon and Pusha T to CyHi the Prynce and Beyoncé . Oh, and there was also that little album called Watch the Throne...
Lord knows Kanye West doesn't need another award to inflate his already historic ego, but what can we say - there's just no denying the man's work. Fresh off putting together one of the most complexly produced albums of all-time on 2010's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, Yeezy kept pushing in 2011, giving some of the games biggest names his best beats (cough Beyonce cough) while also making Watch the Throne one of the year's biggest projects. Ask anyone what they thought of Kanye's production last year and there can only be one answer - that sh*t cray.
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.