Best Producer of 2010
Throughout his Good Friday series Kanye West (with some assistance) routinely dropped beats that would have been career bests for almost anyone else, but for him were routine, a fact our readers obviously couldn't ignore. Yeezy may have been on a mission to prove his rhyme skills for well over a decade now, but at the end of the day, the man still sounds most at home behind the boards. He's simply can't' be matched.
For all of My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy's lyrical prowess and high caliber guest features, it was the Kanye West's production that truly made it extraordinary. These were more than beats, they were sonic landscapes, and while the last thing the man needs is more ego-amplifying praise, when it comes to his production work, the word "genius" comes to mind. It's unanimous, Kanye West was the best producer of 2010.
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.