Best Producer of 2010
Throughout his Good Friday series Kanye West (with some assistance) routinely dropped beats that would have been career bests for almost anyone else, but for him were routine, a fact our readers obviously couldn't ignore. Yeezy may have been on a mission to prove his rhyme skills for well over a decade now, but at the end of the day, the man still sounds most at home behind the boards. He's simply can't' be matched.
For all of My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy's lyrical prowess and high caliber guest features, it was the Kanye West's production that truly made it extraordinary. These were more than beats, they were sonic landscapes, and while the last thing the man needs is more ego-amplifying praise, when it comes to his production work, the word "genius" comes to mind. It's unanimous, Kanye West was the best producer of 2010.
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.