Best Producer of 2009
Few beatsmiths left their fingerprints on more big records this year than Polow Da Don. As the musical brains behind everything from the epic, synth-heavy arrangement that backed T.I. and MJB's “Remember Me” to the slow-burning instrumental behind 50's “Baby By Me” to the silky-smooth, R&B-flavored production on Plies and Keri Hilson's “Medicine,” (to name just a few) the Atlanta native was clearly working overtime in '09.
Polow and Alchemist definitely had huge years, but not bigger than The-Dream & Tricky Stewart's. Not only did the pair put together the best R&B album of the year, but they also somehow managed to bang out an astounding list of smash production credits, from Snoop's "Gangsta Luv" to Mariah Carey's "Obsessed". Radio hits, artistically complex compositions, this year the pair did it all, and in honor of their production achievements we had to give them a Best of the Booth award.
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!