Best Producer of 2009
Few beatsmiths left their fingerprints on more big records this year than Polow Da Don. As the musical brains behind everything from the epic, synth-heavy arrangement that backed T.I. and MJB's “Remember Me” to the slow-burning instrumental behind 50's “Baby By Me” to the silky-smooth, R&B-flavored production on Plies and Keri Hilson's “Medicine,” (to name just a few) the Atlanta native was clearly working overtime in '09.
Polow and Alchemist definitely had huge years, but not bigger than The-Dream & Tricky Stewart's. Not only did the pair put together the best R&B album of the year, but they also somehow managed to bang out an astounding list of smash production credits, from Snoop's "Gangsta Luv" to Mariah Carey's "Obsessed". Radio hits, artistically complex compositions, this year the pair did it all, and in honor of their production achievements we had to give them a Best of the Booth award.
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.