Best Producer of 2009
Few beatsmiths left their fingerprints on more big records this year than Polow Da Don. As the musical brains behind everything from the epic, synth-heavy arrangement that backed T.I. and MJB's “Remember Me” to the slow-burning instrumental behind 50's “Baby By Me” to the silky-smooth, R&B-flavored production on Plies and Keri Hilson's “Medicine,” (to name just a few) the Atlanta native was clearly working overtime in '09.
Polow and Alchemist definitely had huge years, but not bigger than The-Dream & Tricky Stewart's. Not only did the pair put together the best R&B album of the year, but they also somehow managed to bang out an astounding list of smash production credits, from Snoop's "Gangsta Luv" to Mariah Carey's "Obsessed". Radio hits, artistically complex compositions, this year the pair did it all, and in honor of their production achievements we had to give them a Best of the Booth award.
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.