Best New Artist (Unsigned/Independent) of 2013
2013 was a great year for New York hip-hop. With an influx of young, talented emcees The Big Apple is once again an epicenter for hip-hop. While the likes of A$AP Rocky, Action Bronson, and Joey Bada$$ are the acts making headlines, they better make room for Bishop Nehru. Making his debut in February, Nehru went on to become a DJBooth favorite with three more features and two hosted projects. Obviously the quantity is there, but so is the quality. Those who have been enjoying the vintage '90s throwbacks should have no complaints around these parts as Bishop's flawless, smooth flow and dense bars (often dished out of jazzy beats) will have you rocking neon parachute pants and a Starter jacket. Though his sound is straight outta 1996, you all voted Bishop Nehru the Best New Artist (Unsigned/Independent) of 2013; great call!
Being a number one draft pick is amazing, but being selected by the worst team in the league probably isn't desired by any athlete. Really, what you want is to be both insanely talented and have a reliable team that can display your talents. Although he isn't an athlete, that is basically what happened with Isaiah Rashad. Not only did the Tennessee up-and-comer get signed, but he got signed by perhaps the hottest indie label around in TDE. Though he didn't release a full-length album or mixtape, Rashad made great strides in 2013 and now, with support from the likes of Kendrick, SchoolBoy Q and Jay Rock, it looks like he is ready for liftoff.
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.