Best New Artist (Unsigned/Independent) of 2010
For Steel City native Mac Miller, 2010 was a very good year; picked up by Rostrum Records in August, the recent high-school grad celebrated his victory by Kickin Incredibly Dope Sh*t on one of the most-buzzed about mixtape releases in recent memory. And, for the coup de grace, he stepped into the Booth with a dope contribution to our Exclusive Freestyle Series. “Pittsburgh Kids Get the Biz,” indeed.
Living proof that realness is not dead in the game, Freddie Gibbs has made a name for himself spitting gritty hood narratives so engrossing that it's easy to forget that that the Gary, Indiana representative actually lived them. 2010 saw Gangster Gibbs soar to new heights with the release of his Str8 Killa EP/mixtape, a pan-regional stew of street influences that earned regular rotation in the headphones and car speakers of DJBooth staff.
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.