Best New Artist (Unsigned/Independent) of 2009
'09 was a big, big year for longtime reader favorite K. Sparks. Not only did the Queens native wrap up his unbelievably consistent, 52-week-long Manic Mondays series, but he kept his fanbase fed with numerous dope mixtape releases, most recently the DJBooth.net-sponsored Super Seniors and Pajozo collaboration Soul Food.
With a huge crop of new artists eager to prove they're more than capable of carrying hip-hop's torch into the future, 2009 was the year all the "hip-hop is dead' nonsense finally got put to rest, but none more so than XV. Simply put, everything the man blessed with his mic turned to gold, and if XV's not signed to a major deal by the end of 2010, maybe it will be time to start declaring a hip-hop state of emergency again.
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.