Best New Artist (Signed) of 2011
With all due respect to ASAP Rocky, the overnight success story that had our readers' rapt attention in 2011 was Maryland-born emcee and fast-riser Wax. Snapped up by Def Jam just nanoseconds after unleashing his Scrublife tape upon the Booth, the current L.A. resident closed the year out with yet another outrageously dope street album, November's Eviction Notice. Remember, you heard him here first.
Those looking for the next generation of R&B females have had trouble seeing any new stars on the horizon, until Elle Varner showed up. From her first feature, the J. Cole assisted Only Wanna Give It To You, Varner has shown that she has both her roots in classic R&B while pushing her sound firmly into the future. At this rate Varner's upcoming album, Perfectly Imperfect, may end up feeling like more of an inauguration that a major label debut.
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.