Best New Artist (Signed) of 2010
When J. Cole's name began to surface in 2009, DJBooth readers wondered if he'd be able to deliver on the growing hype surrounding him. Question answered. In addition to closing off the year with his critically acclaimed Friday Night Lights mixtape, Cole consistently dropped must listen singles and somehow also found the time to lend his voice to several hits. The sky's the limit for Cole - we'll see just how high he can rise.
Surprise, surprise, Jay-Z knows what he's doing. When Hova selected J. Cole to build his Roc Nation label around there was a lot of pressure on J. Cole's shoulders, but the young North Carolina emcee has proven more than up to the task, becoming widely hailed as both a deeply talented emcee and a rising star in the production game. Congratulations, Mr. Cole. Now, about that debut album...
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.