Best New Artist (Signed) of 2010
When J. Cole's name began to surface in 2009, DJBooth readers wondered if he'd be able to deliver on the growing hype surrounding him. Question answered. In addition to closing off the year with his critically acclaimed Friday Night Lights mixtape, Cole consistently dropped must listen singles and somehow also found the time to lend his voice to several hits. The sky's the limit for Cole - we'll see just how high he can rise.
Surprise, surprise, Jay-Z knows what he's doing. When Hova selected J. Cole to build his Roc Nation label around there was a lot of pressure on J. Cole's shoulders, but the young North Carolina emcee has proven more than up to the task, becoming widely hailed as both a deeply talented emcee and a rising star in the production game. Congratulations, Mr. Cole. Now, about that debut album...
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.