Best New Artist (Signed) of 2010
When J. Cole's name began to surface in 2009, DJBooth readers wondered if he'd be able to deliver on the growing hype surrounding him. Question answered. In addition to closing off the year with his critically acclaimed Friday Night Lights mixtape, Cole consistently dropped must listen singles and somehow also found the time to lend his voice to several hits. The sky's the limit for Cole - we'll see just how high he can rise.
Surprise, surprise, Jay-Z knows what he's doing. When Hova selected J. Cole to build his Roc Nation label around there was a lot of pressure on J. Cole's shoulders, but the young North Carolina emcee has proven more than up to the task, becoming widely hailed as both a deeply talented emcee and a rising star in the production game. Congratulations, Mr. Cole. Now, about that debut album...
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.