Best New Artist (Signed) of 2009
In our first annual Best of the Booth awards, you selected Toronto phenom Drake as “Breaking Through in '09.” Well, give yourselves a pat on the back – 12 short months later, the rapper born Aubrey Graham has ascended to near-household name status with the help of one revolutionary mixtape (So Far Gone, of course) and a few megahit records (“Best I Ever Had,” “Forever...”). Next step for Young Money's MVP? Debut album Thank Me Later, due out in March.
Drake, Drake, Drake, Drake, Drake. Whether you were a hyperventilating teenage girl or a hardcore hip-hop head there was no avoiding the young man's name this year, and those that opened their ears to his flow discovered an emcee absolutely laden with talent. From his blazing mixtape So Far Gone to his solo breakthrough "Best I Ever Had" to a long list of guest and collaboration successes, Drake absolutely owned 2009.
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.