Best Mixtape/Street Album of 2010
In a year filled with huge mixtapes, it was Yelawolf's Trunk Muzik that won over DJBooth Nation. On its surface a project from a white, heavily tattooed Alabama rapper would be an unlikely candidate for Mixtape of the Year, but luckily it's the music that matters, and one listen to Trunk Muzik reveals an undeniably talented and fearlessly original emcee. Expect to hear Yela's music rattling out of trunks everywhere for a long time to come.
Big K.R.I.T. "K.R.I.T. Wuz Here"
Could this signal the dawn of a new day in Southern hip-hop? Shortly after Yelawolf locked up the reader pick for mixtape of the year, Mississippi native Big K.R.I.T. and his breakthrough album, K.R.I.T. Wuz Here, emerged as the DJBooth staff's top pick. By combining a real Southern swagger and universal soul both on the mic and behind the boards, K.R.I.T. has crafted a mixtape that will stand the test of time.
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.