Best Mixtape/Street Album of 2010
In a year filled with huge mixtapes, it was Yelawolf's Trunk Muzik that won over DJBooth Nation. On its surface a project from a white, heavily tattooed Alabama rapper would be an unlikely candidate for Mixtape of the Year, but luckily it's the music that matters, and one listen to Trunk Muzik reveals an undeniably talented and fearlessly original emcee. Expect to hear Yela's music rattling out of trunks everywhere for a long time to come.
Big K.R.I.T. "K.R.I.T. Wuz Here"
Could this signal the dawn of a new day in Southern hip-hop? Shortly after Yelawolf locked up the reader pick for mixtape of the year, Mississippi native Big K.R.I.T. and his breakthrough album, K.R.I.T. Wuz Here, emerged as the DJBooth staff's top pick. By combining a real Southern swagger and universal soul both on the mic and behind the boards, K.R.I.T. has crafted a mixtape that will stand the test of time.
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.