Best Mixtape/Street Album of 2009
The only 2009 mixtape that would have made a more-than-solid showing in our “Best Album” category, the hotly-anticipated So Far Gone marked Drake's transition from “buzzworthy up-and-comer” to “hip-hop megastar” Featuring the T-Dot native's Billboard-smashing debut single, “Best I Ever Had,” in addition to acclaimed cuts like “I'm Going In” and “Uptown,” SfG is destined to go down in history as one of the most “Successful” street releases of all time.
J. Cole "The Warm Up"
So Far Gone was damn good, and The Warm Up was absolutely deserving in its own right, but ultimately it was XV's Everybody's Nobody that earned a place in our stereos week after week, month after month. Great mixtapes become part of our lives, and in 2009 XV was playing the background while we ate, while we worked and while we...well, let's just say we've got some very happy memories of Everybody's Nobody.
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.