Best Mixtape/Street Album of 2009
The only 2009 mixtape that would have made a more-than-solid showing in our “Best Album” category, the hotly-anticipated So Far Gone marked Drake's transition from “buzzworthy up-and-comer” to “hip-hop megastar” Featuring the T-Dot native's Billboard-smashing debut single, “Best I Ever Had,” in addition to acclaimed cuts like “I'm Going In” and “Uptown,” SfG is destined to go down in history as one of the most “Successful” street releases of all time.
J. Cole "The Warm Up"
So Far Gone was damn good, and The Warm Up was absolutely deserving in its own right, but ultimately it was XV's Everybody's Nobody that earned a place in our stereos week after week, month after month. Great mixtapes become part of our lives, and in 2009 XV was playing the background while we ate, while we worked and while we...well, let's just say we've got some very happy memories of Everybody's Nobody.
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.