Best Hip Hop Record (Unsigned/Independent) of 2011
If you were to gather nine of the game's most relentless flows in one room, hit “record” and let a beat drop... well, you'd get “Worldwide Choppers.” A standout cut off Tech N9ne's acclaimed All 6's & 7's LP, the record is an underground head's wet dream brought into glorious reality, with Tech, Busta Rhymes, Twista, Ceza, JL (of B.Hood), Yelawolf, Uso, D-Loc and Twisted Insane lacing a hard-hitting Michael "Seven" Summers production with lightning-fast verses that, if transcribed, would require a lyric sheet the size of The Great Gatsby.
Mac Miller - Donald Trump
#Section80 has already earned the honor of being named the Best Indie Hip-Hop Album and stand out selection HiiPoWeR offers ample evidence why. The first single off Kendrick Lamar's breakthrough album, HiiPoWeR took a Kanye West influenced J. Cole beat and became a unifying anthem. "Everybody put three fingers in the air / The sky is falling, the wind is calling / Stand for something or die in the morning." Amen Kendrick.
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.