Best Hip Hop Record (Unsigned/Independent) of 2011
If you were to gather nine of the game's most relentless flows in one room, hit “record” and let a beat drop... well, you'd get “Worldwide Choppers.” A standout cut off Tech N9ne's acclaimed All 6's & 7's LP, the record is an underground head's wet dream brought into glorious reality, with Tech, Busta Rhymes, Twista, Ceza, JL (of B.Hood), Yelawolf, Uso, D-Loc and Twisted Insane lacing a hard-hitting Michael "Seven" Summers production with lightning-fast verses that, if transcribed, would require a lyric sheet the size of The Great Gatsby.
Mac Miller - Donald Trump
#Section80 has already earned the honor of being named the Best Indie Hip-Hop Album and stand out selection HiiPoWeR offers ample evidence why. The first single off Kendrick Lamar's breakthrough album, HiiPoWeR took a Kanye West influenced J. Cole beat and became a unifying anthem. "Everybody put three fingers in the air / The sky is falling, the wind is calling / Stand for something or die in the morning." Amen Kendrick.
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.