Best Hip Hop Record (Unsigned/Independent) of 2011
If you were to gather nine of the game's most relentless flows in one room, hit “record” and let a beat drop... well, you'd get “Worldwide Choppers.” A standout cut off Tech N9ne's acclaimed All 6's & 7's LP, the record is an underground head's wet dream brought into glorious reality, with Tech, Busta Rhymes, Twista, Ceza, JL (of B.Hood), Yelawolf, Uso, D-Loc and Twisted Insane lacing a hard-hitting Michael "Seven" Summers production with lightning-fast verses that, if transcribed, would require a lyric sheet the size of The Great Gatsby.
Mac Miller - Donald Trump
#Section80 has already earned the honor of being named the Best Indie Hip-Hop Album and stand out selection HiiPoWeR offers ample evidence why. The first single off Kendrick Lamar's breakthrough album, HiiPoWeR took a Kanye West influenced J. Cole beat and became a unifying anthem. "Everybody put three fingers in the air / The sky is falling, the wind is calling / Stand for something or die in the morning." Amen Kendrick.
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.