Best Hip Hop Record (Unsigned/Independent) of 2009
Wiz Khalifa was just one of many artists to leave their major-label home and go indie in '09, but he certainly did it with more panache than most. E Dan-produced single “This Plane” left the Booth fully convinced that, Deal or No Deal, the Steel City representative was headed straight to the top – First Class, no layovers.
K. Sparks ft. Julius Francis – Sunshine
In these tough times we all need a little "Sunshine" in our lives, and so we couldn't have been happier when DJBooth favorite K. Sparks, along with Julius Francis, delivered a slice of hip-hop joy to our doorstep in April. Always lyrically complex, on "Sunshine" Sparks took a particularly personal turn, letting us all into his head, and leaving us feeling a little better for having listened. And just in case this is sounding overly saccharine, the track's also pretty goddamn dope.
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.