Best Hip Hop Album (Unsigned/Independent) of 2009
This year, Jersey emcee Joe Budden broke free of Def Jam, the label that had repeatedly foiled his attempts to release a sophomore album, and settled with indie Amalgam Digital to finally get a new project into listeners' hands. Padded Room was dark, lyrically-focused and more than a little crazy – in other words, exactly what Budden fans had been waiting for!
KRS-One & Buckshot "Survival Skills"
In addition to Best Hip-Hop Album from an independent artist I'd like to award Blitz the completely unofficial and completely uncoveted Most Slept on Album of the Year award. An album that combined dope, meaningful and memorable flows with some of the best live instrument production we've heard since The Roots glory days, Stereotype was the kind of album we'll still be playing in a year, in five years, in a decade. Stop sleeping.
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.