Best Hip Hop Album (Unsigned/Independent) of 2010
Our readers are obviously some serious folks, selecting Joe Budden's intensely dark, intensely lyrical and just plain intensely intense album Mood Muzik 4: A Turn for the Worse as the Independent Album of the Year. A project that demands to be analyzed, pondered over and digested, not merely listened to, Mood Muzik 4 is yet another chapter in Budden's growing library of epic lyricism. We've come a long, long way from Jump Off.
Kidz in the Hall "Land of Make Believe"
Sadly DJBooth no longer has a boombox, but if we did, we'd fill it with D batteries and walk the streets blasting Skyzoo and !llmind's Live From the Tape Deck at full volume. An album that manages to both draw on hip-hop's past and more futuristic leanings, Tape Deck proved to be a perfect marriage of Skyzoo's always stellar lyricism and !llmind's soulfully aggressive production. It's dope enough to almost make us miss listening to tapes until they broke...almost.
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.