Best Hip Hop Album (Unsigned/Independent) of 2010
Our readers are obviously some serious folks, selecting Joe Budden's intensely dark, intensely lyrical and just plain intensely intense album Mood Muzik 4: A Turn for the Worse as the Independent Album of the Year. A project that demands to be analyzed, pondered over and digested, not merely listened to, Mood Muzik 4 is yet another chapter in Budden's growing library of epic lyricism. We've come a long, long way from Jump Off.
Kidz in the Hall "Land of Make Believe"
Sadly DJBooth no longer has a boombox, but if we did, we'd fill it with D batteries and walk the streets blasting Skyzoo and !llmind's Live From the Tape Deck at full volume. An album that manages to both draw on hip-hop's past and more futuristic leanings, Tape Deck proved to be a perfect marriage of Skyzoo's always stellar lyricism and !llmind's soulfully aggressive production. It's dope enough to almost make us miss listening to tapes until they broke...almost.
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.