Best Hip Hop Album (Unsigned/Independent) of 2010
Our readers are obviously some serious folks, selecting Joe Budden's intensely dark, intensely lyrical and just plain intensely intense album Mood Muzik 4: A Turn for the Worse as the Independent Album of the Year. A project that demands to be analyzed, pondered over and digested, not merely listened to, Mood Muzik 4 is yet another chapter in Budden's growing library of epic lyricism. We've come a long, long way from Jump Off.
Kidz in the Hall "Land of Make Believe"
Sadly DJBooth no longer has a boombox, but if we did, we'd fill it with D batteries and walk the streets blasting Skyzoo and !llmind's Live From the Tape Deck at full volume. An album that manages to both draw on hip-hop's past and more futuristic leanings, Tape Deck proved to be a perfect marriage of Skyzoo's always stellar lyricism and !llmind's soulfully aggressive production. It's dope enough to almost make us miss listening to tapes until they broke...almost.
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)