Best Emcee of 2009
There's no doubt about it: 2009 was Jay-Z's year. In addition to dropping the final installment of his decade-spanning Blueprint series, thereby breaking the existing record for most number-one albums (sorry, Elvis), and scoring his first number-one single with “Empire State of Mind,” the rap megastar laid the groundwork for the next chapter of his dynasty with the formation of new label imprint Roc Nation. ¡Viva la Hovito!
The biggest album of the year (Blueprint 3), the biggest song of the year ("Empire State of Mind"), his own major label/company Roc Nation and married to one of the most beautiful women in the world, what more could Jay-Z have possibly done? Even for the almighty Hova 2009 was an enormously large year, and along with the honorary title of president of hip-hop nation, we're proud to award him our Best Emcee of the Year award.
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.