Best Emcee of 2009
There's no doubt about it: 2009 was Jay-Z's year. In addition to dropping the final installment of his decade-spanning Blueprint series, thereby breaking the existing record for most number-one albums (sorry, Elvis), and scoring his first number-one single with “Empire State of Mind,” the rap megastar laid the groundwork for the next chapter of his dynasty with the formation of new label imprint Roc Nation. ¡Viva la Hovito!
The biggest album of the year (Blueprint 3), the biggest song of the year ("Empire State of Mind"), his own major label/company Roc Nation and married to one of the most beautiful women in the world, what more could Jay-Z have possibly done? Even for the almighty Hova 2009 was an enormously large year, and along with the honorary title of president of hip-hop nation, we're proud to award him our Best Emcee of the Year award.
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.