Best Emcee of 2012
When good kid, m.A.A.d city arrived on store shelves in October, it didn't take long for listeners to come to the collective realization that they're weren't just listening to a phenomenal debut album—they were witnessing the emergence of an artist destined to play a major role in the game for years, maybe even decades to come. From lyrical heads, to pop-lovers, to people who aren't even into rap, it seems like everyone with ears was banging Kendrick Lamar in 2012. Now that the 25-year-old Comptonite has the world's attention, his only limit is the sky.
Let's be honest here, was there really any question who the best emcee of 2012 was? Kendrick Lamar delivered a new school classic with his good kid, m.A.D.d. city album, proving in the process that there's room in hip-hop's mainstream for a storytelling, experimental, lyrically complex emcee. Oh, and did we mention he's the general in the TDE army currently overtaking the game? What more could you possibly want from a rapper?
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.