Best Emcee of 2010
It shouldn't come as any surprise that the Best Emcee winners so closely mirror the Album of the Year nominees. Once again it's Eminem edging out Kanye West in DJBooth nation's hearts and minds. While Em may have left some of his more self-destructively entertaining flows behind, he's matured as an emcee, and become the odds on favorite for the best emcee alive title in the process. From no-holds-barred flows to inspirational anthems, there's nothing Eminem can't do.
Who are we to disagree with the will of the people. Like everyone, the DJBooth Staff was blown away by the microphone work Eminem laid down this year. And while we seriously entertained some other possibilities, in the end the winner was clear. The simple truth is, right now when it comes to emcees there's Eminem, and then there's everyone else.
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.