Best Emcee of 2010
It shouldn't come as any surprise that the Best Emcee winners so closely mirror the Album of the Year nominees. Once again it's Eminem edging out Kanye West in DJBooth nation's hearts and minds. While Em may have left some of his more self-destructively entertaining flows behind, he's matured as an emcee, and become the odds on favorite for the best emcee alive title in the process. From no-holds-barred flows to inspirational anthems, there's nothing Eminem can't do.
Who are we to disagree with the will of the people. Like everyone, the DJBooth Staff was blown away by the microphone work Eminem laid down this year. And while we seriously entertained some other possibilities, in the end the winner was clear. The simple truth is, right now when it comes to emcees there's Eminem, and then there's everyone else.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.