Best Emcee of 2010
It shouldn't come as any surprise that the Best Emcee winners so closely mirror the Album of the Year nominees. Once again it's Eminem edging out Kanye West in DJBooth nation's hearts and minds. While Em may have left some of his more self-destructively entertaining flows behind, he's matured as an emcee, and become the odds on favorite for the best emcee alive title in the process. From no-holds-barred flows to inspirational anthems, there's nothing Eminem can't do.
Who are we to disagree with the will of the people. Like everyone, the DJBooth Staff was blown away by the microphone work Eminem laid down this year. And while we seriously entertained some other possibilities, in the end the winner was clear. The simple truth is, right now when it comes to emcees there's Eminem, and then there's everyone else.
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)