Best Emcee of 2010
It shouldn't come as any surprise that the Best Emcee winners so closely mirror the Album of the Year nominees. Once again it's Eminem edging out Kanye West in DJBooth nation's hearts and minds. While Em may have left some of his more self-destructively entertaining flows behind, he's matured as an emcee, and become the odds on favorite for the best emcee alive title in the process. From no-holds-barred flows to inspirational anthems, there's nothing Eminem can't do.
Who are we to disagree with the will of the people. Like everyone, the DJBooth Staff was blown away by the microphone work Eminem laid down this year. And while we seriously entertained some other possibilities, in the end the winner was clear. The simple truth is, right now when it comes to emcees there's Eminem, and then there's everyone else.
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)