Best DJ Booth Freestyle of 2010
Big K.R.I.T. made a colossal mark on the Booth in 2010, not least through “Remember the Titans” his highly-acclaimed contribution to DJBooth.net and StreetAmmo's Exclusive Freestyle Series. Like the eponymous team, this Jackin' for Beats-style affair pulled through against overwhelming odds, scoring the Meridian, Mississippi representative a victory sure to be remembered through the ages.
Freeway - Trap Door
A-Town up-and-comers Weapons of Audio earned an “E” for effort and an “O” for “out-the-box” on freestyle entry “An Ode to Mannish Boy,”which found brothers Jeremy and Floyd flipping a Muddy Waters classic into a backdrop for their hot rhymes and impressive live musicianship. For taking the road less traveled, and doing it in eminently dope style, we're proud to award them the Staff Pick trophy.
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.