Best DJ Booth Freestyle of 2010
Big K.R.I.T. made a colossal mark on the Booth in 2010, not least through “Remember the Titans” his highly-acclaimed contribution to DJBooth.net and StreetAmmo's Exclusive Freestyle Series. Like the eponymous team, this Jackin' for Beats-style affair pulled through against overwhelming odds, scoring the Meridian, Mississippi representative a victory sure to be remembered through the ages.
Freeway - Trap Door
A-Town up-and-comers Weapons of Audio earned an “E” for effort and an “O” for “out-the-box” on freestyle entry “An Ode to Mannish Boy,”which found brothers Jeremy and Floyd flipping a Muddy Waters classic into a backdrop for their hot rhymes and impressive live musicianship. For taking the road less traveled, and doing it in eminently dope style, we're proud to award them the Staff Pick trophy.
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.