Best DJ Booth Freestyle of 2009
The biggest in-house story of 2009 was the launch of our DJBooth.net Freestyle Series, a one-of-a-kind, exclusive venture now in its triple-digits and set to continue into 2010 and beyond. Most acclaimed to date was entry number two, “Soul Child.” which found reader favorite K. Sparks spitting his highest-caliber lyrical ammunition over the classic boardwork of DJ Jazzy Jeff.
Mike Dreams – I Just Wanna Be…
There was really no question who delivered the year's best DJBooth freestyle. While we had an incredible amount of talent come through for our exclusive series, it was Question? who truly made the freestyle his own on "Getting High in the DJBooth". Banging out nearly three straight minutes of Southern soaked rhymes, "Getting High" is everything we could have asked for from a freestyle performance.
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.