Best DJ Booth Freestyle of 2011
Though the DJBooth.net Freestyle Series' conclusion this past June narrowed the field of candidates compared to previous years, the high quality of the final seven month's entries made the competition for our readers' votes fiercer than ever. In the end, top honors went to South Florida rhymesayer and ¡MAYDAY! frontman Wrekonize for entry #223, “Declaration.” Featuring an original, live-band beat by crewmate Plex Luthor and all the witty, tightly-wound rhymes a lyrical head could ask for, the freestyle elicited only one complaint from Boothgoers: at two minutes and change, it was too damn short.
Yonas - Get Em
This year we finally drew out long running DJBooth.net Freestyle Series to a close, but before we did we knew we had to call on Slumerican representative Rittz to cook up some of his special sauce. Shortly before he unleashed his breakthrough White Jesus album, Rittz stepped inside The DJBooth with Smash Potatoes, a trademark cut from the red-haired fire spitter than merges a DJ Burn One beat with Rittz' impeccable flows. All praise, White Jesus.
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.