Best DJ of 2013
Bostonian DJ, producer and label exec Statik Selektah has long been known as one of the busiest men in hip-hop, but 2013 was packed even by his standards. In addition to unleashing Extended Play, a fifth full-length featuring bars from a veritable who's-who of indie rhymesayers, the East Coast stalwart found time to drop a couple of joint projects, linking up with the multitalented Jared Evan to craft Booth-acclaimed street album Boom Bap & Blues and producing NYC rapper Ransom's The Proposal LP. I'd list off the many mixtapes he hosted over the course of the year, but we'd be here all day. Will winning two BOTB trophies in one fell swoop inspire Statik to do it even bigger in 2014? We can only hope.
We agree, Statik Selektah is the 2013 DJ of the Year!
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.