Best DJ of 2013
Bostonian DJ, producer and label exec Statik Selektah has long been known as one of the busiest men in hip-hop, but 2013 was packed even by his standards. In addition to unleashing Extended Play, a fifth full-length featuring bars from a veritable who's-who of indie rhymesayers, the East Coast stalwart found time to drop a couple of joint projects, linking up with the multitalented Jared Evan to craft Booth-acclaimed street album Boom Bap & Blues and producing NYC rapper Ransom's The Proposal LP. I'd list off the many mixtapes he hosted over the course of the year, but we'd be here all day. Will winning two BOTB trophies in one fell swoop inspire Statik to do it even bigger in 2014? We can only hope.
We agree, Statik Selektah is the 2013 DJ of the Year!
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.