Best DJ of 2012
Despite being one of their chief architects of the contemporary rap mixtape, DJ Drama has yet to take home a Best of the Booth trophy. This time around, readers have voted to finally give Mr. Gangsta Grillz his much-deserved props, in recognition of one of his dopest years in recent memory. In addition to aptly-titled studio album Quality Street Music, featuring hit singles We in This B*tch and My Moment, 2012 saw Drama release a truckload of new tapes, from high-profile collabs with Lil Wayne (Dedication 4), 50 Cent (The Lost Tape), Slaughterhouse (On the House) and Jeezy (It's Tha World) to buzzworthy projects with rising stars Meek Mill (Dreamchasers 2) and Freddie Gibbs (Baby Face Kila). I could go on, but I'd be here all week...
From hip-hop's earliest days the art of DJing was about putting on a show, and there aren't many DJs more fascinating to watch than the lightning-handed AraabMUZIK. But in addition to his virtuoso skill behind an MPC, this year AraabMUZIK also proved his production mettle, crafting beats for the likes of Slaughterhouse, 50 Cent and more. Turns out the only thing faster than his hands is the speed his career is growing.
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.