Best DJ of 2012
Despite being one of their chief architects of the contemporary rap mixtape, DJ Drama has yet to take home a Best of the Booth trophy. This time around, readers have voted to finally give Mr. Gangsta Grillz his much-deserved props, in recognition of one of his dopest years in recent memory. In addition to aptly-titled studio album Quality Street Music, featuring hit singles We in This B*tch and My Moment, 2012 saw Drama release a truckload of new tapes, from high-profile collabs with Lil Wayne (Dedication 4), 50 Cent (The Lost Tape), Slaughterhouse (On the House) and Jeezy (It's Tha World) to buzzworthy projects with rising stars Meek Mill (Dreamchasers 2) and Freddie Gibbs (Baby Face Kila). I could go on, but I'd be here all week...
From hip-hop's earliest days the art of DJing was about putting on a show, and there aren't many DJs more fascinating to watch than the lightning-handed AraabMUZIK. But in addition to his virtuoso skill behind an MPC, this year AraabMUZIK also proved his production mettle, crafting beats for the likes of Slaughterhouse, 50 Cent and more. Turns out the only thing faster than his hands is the speed his career is growing.
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)