Best DJ of 2011
It was impossible to set foot on a dancefloor or flip on a Top 40 station in 2011 without being exposed to David Guetta's patented, pulse-pounding brand of club dynamite. A two-disc smorgasboard of four-on-the-floor rhythms, scorching synths and heavyweight guest features, blockbuster fifth LP Nothing but the Beat and its attendant singles (including Billboard Top 20 smashes “Where Them Girls At” and “Without You”) catapulted the Parisian house stalwart to an even greater level of ubiquity than he enjoyed in 2010—and earned him our readers' vote for the year's Best DJ.
Statik Selektah has grown from humble Lawrence, MA roots to become one of the premier DJs in the game based on one thing and one thing only: dope music. Statik leaves all the gimmicks, the outsized personalities and the marketing ploys, at the door and has instead focused on turning out some of the best music of the year with the likes of Termanology, Freddie Gibbs, REKS and too many more to count. Between his DJing, production and work as founder of Show Off Records, the man barely slept in 2011, and ensured the nation stopped sleeping on him in the process.
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.