Best DJ of 2011
It was impossible to set foot on a dancefloor or flip on a Top 40 station in 2011 without being exposed to David Guetta's patented, pulse-pounding brand of club dynamite. A two-disc smorgasboard of four-on-the-floor rhythms, scorching synths and heavyweight guest features, blockbuster fifth LP Nothing but the Beat and its attendant singles (including Billboard Top 20 smashes “Where Them Girls At” and “Without You”) catapulted the Parisian house stalwart to an even greater level of ubiquity than he enjoyed in 2010—and earned him our readers' vote for the year's Best DJ.
Statik Selektah has grown from humble Lawrence, MA roots to become one of the premier DJs in the game based on one thing and one thing only: dope music. Statik leaves all the gimmicks, the outsized personalities and the marketing ploys, at the door and has instead focused on turning out some of the best music of the year with the likes of Termanology, Freddie Gibbs, REKS and too many more to count. Between his DJing, production and work as founder of Show Off Records, the man barely slept in 2011, and ensured the nation stopped sleeping on him in the process.
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.