Best DJ of 2010
Being a good DJ is about much more than simply working the turntables or yelling at full volume, it's about being a finding and developing new talent, and this year DJBooth readers selected DJ Green Lantern as 2010's leading trendsetter. From his work with up-and-comers like Thee Tom Hardy to established vets like Royce da 5'9", if it's dope hip-hop, you can count on DJ Green Lantern to be involved.
There's a reason the DJBooth staff selected DJ Skee to put together our Best of the Booth Vol. 4 mixtape. More than "just" a DJ, Skee is an entrepreneur and media personality who also just so happens to be helping to lead the west coast's hip-hop resurgence. Add in his laid back style on mixtapes (see his work on Grizzly City 3), which serves as a welcome change from the hyperbolic screaming of most DJs, and our choice was clear.
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.