Best Crossover Record of 2010
Turns out wishes really do come true. With his second official single, ATL hitmaker B.o.B. was clearly angling for a crossover hit and – with a little help from Paramore frontwoman Hayley Williams and beatsmith Alex da Kid – he got just what he asked for. Peaking at #2 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 and snagging #1 in the U.K., Airplanes was a smash that transcended genre and geographical boundaries.
Nelly - Just a Dream
As if uniting music-lovers on both sides of the Atlantic wasn't enough, Airplanes bridged the gap between DJBooth.net readers and staff. With heartfelt lyricism, an innovative alt-rock vibe and a theme that seemed to resonate with damned near everyone (How many flight/altitude-themed records have we featured this year? No, seriously – I lost count a few months ago), B.o.B's soaring single epitomized universal appeal.
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.