Best Crossover Record of 2010
Turns out wishes really do come true. With his second official single, ATL hitmaker B.o.B. was clearly angling for a crossover hit and – with a little help from Paramore frontwoman Hayley Williams and beatsmith Alex da Kid – he got just what he asked for. Peaking at #2 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 and snagging #1 in the U.K., Airplanes was a smash that transcended genre and geographical boundaries.
Nelly - Just a Dream
As if uniting music-lovers on both sides of the Atlantic wasn't enough, Airplanes bridged the gap between DJBooth.net readers and staff. With heartfelt lyricism, an innovative alt-rock vibe and a theme that seemed to resonate with damned near everyone (How many flight/altitude-themed records have we featured this year? No, seriously – I lost count a few months ago), B.o.B's soaring single epitomized universal appeal.
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.