Best Crossover Record of 2010
Turns out wishes really do come true. With his second official single, ATL hitmaker B.o.B. was clearly angling for a crossover hit and – with a little help from Paramore frontwoman Hayley Williams and beatsmith Alex da Kid – he got just what he asked for. Peaking at #2 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 and snagging #1 in the U.K., Airplanes was a smash that transcended genre and geographical boundaries.
Nelly - Just a Dream
As if uniting music-lovers on both sides of the Atlantic wasn't enough, Airplanes bridged the gap between DJBooth.net readers and staff. With heartfelt lyricism, an innovative alt-rock vibe and a theme that seemed to resonate with damned near everyone (How many flight/altitude-themed records have we featured this year? No, seriously – I lost count a few months ago), B.o.B's soaring single epitomized universal appeal.
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.