Best Crossover Record of 2010
Turns out wishes really do come true. With his second official single, ATL hitmaker B.o.B. was clearly angling for a crossover hit and – with a little help from Paramore frontwoman Hayley Williams and beatsmith Alex da Kid – he got just what he asked for. Peaking at #2 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 and snagging #1 in the U.K., Airplanes was a smash that transcended genre and geographical boundaries.
Nelly - Just a Dream
As if uniting music-lovers on both sides of the Atlantic wasn't enough, Airplanes bridged the gap between DJBooth.net readers and staff. With heartfelt lyricism, an innovative alt-rock vibe and a theme that seemed to resonate with damned near everyone (How many flight/altitude-themed records have we featured this year? No, seriously – I lost count a few months ago), B.o.B's soaring single epitomized universal appeal.
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)