Best Collaboration Record of 2013
If you asked Emily Post, she'd probably tell you it was impolite to kill a rapper on their own sh*t. Lucky for us, proper etiquette has never been high on Kendrick Lamar's priority list. Left off sophomore set Hall of Fame due to sample clearance issues, No I.D.-produced loosie Control is nominally Big Sean's jam but, like Jay Z on Renegades, he was demoted to second-page news by a hungry, ambitious guest. A rare (and unjustly slept-on) Jay Elec verse rounds out the record, leaving us with the DJBooth staff and readers' unanimous choice for 2013's Best Collaboration. There was no doubt that Control was firmly in control of 2013.
We agree, Control is the 2013 Best Collaboration Record!
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.