Best Collaboration Record of 2013
If you asked Emily Post, she'd probably tell you it was impolite to kill a rapper on their own sh*t. Lucky for us, proper etiquette has never been high on Kendrick Lamar's priority list. Left off sophomore set Hall of Fame due to sample clearance issues, No I.D.-produced loosie Control is nominally Big Sean's jam but, like Jay Z on Renegades, he was demoted to second-page news by a hungry, ambitious guest. A rare (and unjustly slept-on) Jay Elec verse rounds out the record, leaving us with the DJBooth staff and readers' unanimous choice for 2013's Best Collaboration. There was no doubt that Control was firmly in control of 2013.
We agree, Control is the 2013 Best Collaboration Record!
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)