Best Collaboration Record of 2012
When you're one of the top two artists in the rap game, and your inner circle also contains the other member of that top two, it's hardly fair to judge others by your coterie's standards. That said, there wasn't anybody f*cking with Kanye West's Clique in 2012. The fourth single off Cruel Summer reunited Yeezy with Watch the Throne partner-in-rhyme Jay-Z over stark, bass-heavy boardwork by the aptly-named Hit-Boy. That's already one hell of a collabo, but the record's premise demands an appearance from at least one other member of the G.O.O.D. Music stable; Big Sean's flossed-out middle verse is just the finishing touch needed to make this cut the ensemble jam of the year.
Getting Drake on your track? That's a big deal. Getting Drake and 2 Chainz? A bigger deal. Drake, 2 Chainz and Kendrick Lamar? Now we're talking one of the biggest collaborations of the game, and with A$AP Rocky leading the way, you just knew F*ckin' Problems was going to be, well, a f*cking problem. Noah "40" Shebib provided the set up on the beat and each emcee knocked their verse down just as we hoped they would - now that's f*cking teamwork.
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.