Best Collaboration Record of 2009
A dream-team collaboration that took the game by storm when it surfaced in late August, More Than a Game soundtrack single "Forever" saw Drake, Weezy, Kanye, and, most surprisingly, Eminem joining forces to utterly annihilate a beat by "Best I Ever Had" producer Boi-1da. Though “Forever” was nominally Drizzy's joint, it was Slim Shady's blistering closing verse that truly had Booth readers scrambling for their lower jaws.
Sorry to be predictable, but was their really any other choice besides "Forever"? 2009 saw no shortage of dope collabos, but "Forever" is the track that will be talked about for the next decade, the track that not only included heavyweights Kanye and Lil Wayne, but proved that rising star Drake could hold his own alongside some of the game's elite emcees. What's more, it served as an announcement that Eminem was finally back and ready to defend his former best rapper alive crown. Yes sir, we'll remember this one...wait for it...forever.
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.