Best Club Anthem of 2011
Crossover appeal isn't all Chris Breezy's “Look at Me Now” had going for it—as alluded to previously, the F.A.M.E. second single was an absolute club juggernaut. Philly club chief Diplo and Dutch DJ/producer Afrojack's ultra-minimal synth-percussion beat is as hypnotically grooveable as it gets, and big-name collaborators Bus-A-Bus and Weezy go the extra mile to bring hip-hop heads out onto the floor in their high-rolling guest verses. All things considered, it's no surprise that “Look at Me” had the Booth's resident club heads shouting “Hail Breezy!” in 2011.
As anyone who saw the first, uncensored video for Wale's Bait already knows, this record caused a riot in the club. Especially if that club was full of...well...strippers. What, you thought all those claps were made for listeners to clap their hands? Thanks in no small part to an absolutely booming beat from Tone P, Bait was Wale's announcement that he could get the party started at King of Diamonds just as easily as a DC go-go club. Mission accomplished.
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.