Best Club Anthem of 2010
Though Usher's decision to release a text-lingo themed single made some LOL and had others STH (translation: shaking their heads) when it first hit our homepage, Raymond v. Raymond lead single OMG turned out to be an epic win for the R&B megastar, becoming his ninth U.S. Billboard Chart-topper. Spawning a hit video and an earth-shaking VMA performance, the will.i.am-assisted banger was one of the year's most ubiquitous club jams. Raymond IV FTW!
Eminem ft. Lil' Wayne - No Love
While Booth readers were IMing their friends about OMG, we were spinning the lead single off a certain Toronto hitmaker's debut set, “Over”... and over... and over. Backed by Boi-1da's lush orchestral pomp, the Thank Me Later smash marked a milestone in Drake's ascent to club royalty, paving the way for many bangers to come. To quote the man himself, “It's far from over.”
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.