Best Club Anthem of 2009
In spite (or because?) of ongoing economic hardships, cash-crazy club anthems were as popular as ever in 2009 – needless to say, we all wished we had a little extra “Money to Blow.” On the second single off Pricele$$, Cash Money head honcho Birdman joined forces with his adopted son and Young Money MVP Drake to craft a synth-banging, Drumma Boy produced track that kept dancefloors packed during the year's final months.
After much discussion we had to go with Pitbull's "Hotel Room Service" for the Club Anthem of the year for one simple reason - personal experience. Seemingly every DJ in the country saved "Hotel Room Service" until the night was at its most fevered pitch, and every time the track came on, in every club we were at, the crowd went absolutely bananas, just lost their minds. When a track inspires that much dancing/drinking/grinding, it's more than worthy of a Best of the Booth award.
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.