Best Club Anthem of 2009
In spite (or because?) of ongoing economic hardships, cash-crazy club anthems were as popular as ever in 2009 – needless to say, we all wished we had a little extra “Money to Blow.” On the second single off Pricele$$, Cash Money head honcho Birdman joined forces with his adopted son and Young Money MVP Drake to craft a synth-banging, Drumma Boy produced track that kept dancefloors packed during the year's final months.
After much discussion we had to go with Pitbull's "Hotel Room Service" for the Club Anthem of the year for one simple reason - personal experience. Seemingly every DJ in the country saved "Hotel Room Service" until the night was at its most fevered pitch, and every time the track came on, in every club we were at, the crowd went absolutely bananas, just lost their minds. When a track inspires that much dancing/drinking/grinding, it's more than worthy of a Best of the Booth award.
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)