NYC phenom Yonas has come together with The DJBooth, 2DopeBoyz and GoodMusicAllDay to bring listeners his latest street release, The Transition.
Intended to mark the entrance into a new stage of his career, the project comprises 15 original records from the longtime reader fave. Included are previously-released songs "Drive It Like It's Stolen," "One More Time," "Wanna Be Loved," "Midnight City," "Can't Knock Me Down" and "Pumped Up Kicks" (which has garnered 2 million Youtube views to date).
Joining Yonas on the guest tip throughout The Transition are Logic, Brother Ali, DJ Corbett and Scotty James. In addition to boardwork by Yonas himself, the project features production by Glitch Mob, Sean Ross and more.
Written by DJ Z on Jun 25, 2012
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Too Deep" (2009)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.