Considering the sheer volume of unsigned, independent emcees who are constantly battling one another for a chance to be noticed and heard, artists are really best served by moving in slow and steady increments as long as the direction of these movements is forward. The expression "Here today, gone tomorrow," is not a cliché in the rap world.
Nobody understands this philosophy better than Pacific Northwest representative Wizdom, who has released his new EP, The Next Step.
The eight-track body of work, which includes the Booth-premiered single, "My City's Filthy," features production from Budo (Rhymesayers Ent.), BeanOne (of Dyme Def), Nima Skeemz, D-Sane, MTK and others, as well as guest spots from Grynch, Fearce Vill (of Dyme Def), Neema, Stef Lang and more.
Written by DJ Z on Apr 22, 2014
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.