In early 2014, Chicago emcee Verbal Kent teamed up with North Carolina producer Khrysis and Mello Music Group to release Sound of the Weapon.
The production on the 14-track full-length is raw and classic, which perfectly matches the authentic and aggressive characteristics of the emcee who laid rhymes over the top. In celebration of this musical marriage, the parties involved have come together with The DJBooth for a special offering.
Known for his soul samples, speaker slapping drums and 9th Wonder lineage, Khrysis has made the album instrumentals available for free download to the first 1000 fans. And as an added bonus, we've included a bonus beat from the Jamla Records head honco.
DJBooth Album Review
Written by DJ Z on Apr 24, 2014
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.