18-year-old emcee Taylor Bennett, a true buzzmaker in his hometown of Chicago, has released of his sophomore project, a collection of records that challenge what the term "Mainstream Music" really means.
Included on the 14-track release, the follow-up to 2013's The Taylor Bennett Show, are previously-featured, Booth-approved selections "Hope" and "New Chevy."
Joining Taylor, younger brother of Chance The Rapper, on Mainstream Music are special guests King L, Lil Herb, Loyale Soulё, Rockie Fresh and Spenzo. Production is provided by Brall Beats, Cocaine Audio, Illiad, Monte Booker, Muzzy, Saint The Goodboy, and Satchel Stokes.
The project's release will be followed by a headlining show at Chicago's historic Lincoln Hall, co-sponsored by Closed Sessions, 2DopeBoyz.com and The DJBooth, on May 24.
Written by DJ Z on May 04, 2014
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.