18-year-old emcee Taylor Bennett, a true buzzmaker in his hometown of Chicago, has released of his sophomore project, a collection of records that challenge what the term "Mainstream Music" really means.
Included on the 14-track release, the follow-up to 2013's The Taylor Bennett Show, are previously-featured, Booth-approved selections "Hope" and "New Chevy."
Joining Taylor, younger brother of Chance The Rapper, on Mainstream Music are special guests King L, Lil Herb, Loyale Soulё, Rockie Fresh and Spenzo. Production is provided by Brall Beats, Cocaine Audio, Illiad, Monte Booker, Muzzy, Saint The Goodboy, and Satchel Stokes.
The project's release will be followed by a headlining show at Chicago's historic Lincoln Hall, co-sponsored by Closed Sessions, 2DopeBoyz.com and The DJBooth, on May 24.
Stream Mainstream Music
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.