The DJBooth is proud to present the fourth entry in Re-Produced, an exclusive series in which three hand-selected beatsmiths each put their own spin on a record by a reader-approved artist. The latest EP in the series is based around “Fly Away,” by Brooklyn underground veteran Talib Kweli. A reader-acclaimed single off Attack the Block, the mixtape prelude to 2013 studio album Prisoner of Consciousness, the original cut features boardwork by Crada. In addition to the original record, this four-track EP includes exclusive re-productions by Apollo Brown, Shoden!1 and Willie B. (of Digi+Phonics). Click each beatsmith’s name to read his exclusive producer profile.
Previous Re-Produced projects from Tech N9ne, Torae and Freeway are still available in the Booth for free streaming and download. Keep it locked for further details on the next EP in the series, which will feature Gary, Indiana phenom Freddie Gibbs.
Fans can also check out Talib Kweli &Apollo Brown &Shoden1! &Willie B. (of Digi+Phonics)'s previous albums: Ras Kass & Apollo Brown - Blasphemy | Talib Kweli - Gravitas | Talib Kweli - Prisoner of Conscious
Written by richard on Dec 19, 2012
Submit your Rating
Related Songs & Features
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where It All Started" (2006)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.